Hitting the Life Reset Button
Early 40s. Married 20 years. Mid-career. Traveled “Round the World” (RTW) as part of a "life reset". We shared the planning and experiences…every step of the way!
We came up with the idea of a "life reset" in 2015. Both of us were working in stressful environments, we were in a house that was WAY bigger than two people would ever need, and we were trying to figure out what we wanted the next phase of our lives to look like.
Quick Facts: We are both in our early 40's. We've been married since 1999. We do not have any kids; this was a choice we made many years ago. No pets, but we have previously. Both of us have successful careers that we put on pause for this life reset.
About Us & What is a Life Reset?
Life Reset Update
Here is our most recent “life reset” update. Click here for all of our previous life reset videos and related posts.
- What’s the post-RTW trip “life reset” plan? Once we figured out the timeframe for coming home, we needed to figure out what the plan was going to be once we were back. Remember, we sold Read more…>>>>
- Top 10 Questions People Ask About Our RTW Trip We’ve been back for a few weeks now and we’ve had the chance to see and talk with many of our friends and family about our Read more…>>>>
- Coming Home After 8 Months of RTW Travel After three wonderful weeks exploring Portugal, it was time to fly home. With a bit of anxiety about whether we were going to be able to maintain Read more…>>>>
- How Much Did Our RTW Trip Cost? We departed the United States on July 5, 2018 and returned February 13, 2019. The expenses outlined below are for 2 people and are in United States dollars Read more…>>>>
- Our 2 Experiences Using iMoova Vehicle Relocation Service A campervan for $1. Sounds too good to be true, right? What if I let you know that we also got a car for $5 per day. Read more…>>>>
- Central Otago Region As we continued south through New Zealand, one place we wanted to try to spend at least a day or two was the Central Otago region because of their wineries/vineyards, which are Read more…>>>>
- Keeping things in perspective WARNING Should you decide to embark on a life reset you will become obsessed. It will soon become the primary thing you think about. You will have waves of excitement and Read more…>>>>
- How are my clothes holding up after 3 months on the road? Minimalist & Lightweight for Carry-on Only Travel We’ve been traveling on our RTW adventure for more than 3 months and this video is Read more…>>>>
RTW Trip Planning & Preparation
We gave ourselves one year to take all of the necessary steps to plan our RTW life reset – saving money, researching destinations, figuring out international banking, choosing gear, vaccinations, insurance considerations, etc. See “The 12 Month Plan” dropdown navigation button on the top of this page for category-specific articles on each of these topics.
The RTW Planning Timeline post below includes a complete month-by-month list of everything we did to prepare with links to our relevant blog posts, and the Minimalist Travel RTW Packing List outlines all of our gear in detail.
- Long-term Travel: Packing Carry-on Only Everything we’re bringing on our around the world trip fits in two Osprey Porter 30L main backpacks and two Osprey Daylite 13L daypacks. We wanted gear that was lightweight, durable, Read more…>>>>
- Round the World (RTW) Month-by-Month Planning Breakdown We gave ourselves approximately one year to take all of the necessary steps to plan our RTW life reset – saving money, researching destinations, figuring out international banking, Read more…>>>>